Monday, March 23, 2015

Greetings!

So it has been quite a while since my last blog.  Just easier to snap a picture and post of Facebook.  Last summers garden was a bit of a mess at the end of the season as we took a long family trip to Italy to visit my family, but we still managed to get a good amount of veggies out of it.  It was wonderful trip, but very busy and exhausting with two young children!




We did learn some new gardening techniques from my family and even their neighbors and we took a few pictures.
The hoops with netting are to protect the plants from hail!




When we got back, we had some harvesting to do.  I enjoyed a new way to make sauce with the tomatoes.  I got it from the one and only pinterest!  You just roast them whole with onion and garlic...olive oil and salt and pepper.  Then when it cools blend it up with basil (any chance to use my vitamix :)  Love the technique!  Quick, easy and tasty.  Here are a few pictures from last years goodies.


Got lots of good radicchio this winter and started my tomatoes, peppers and a few eggplant this year. I used a regular old heating pad on low and the little burpee greenhouse seed starter kits this year so that it was quick and easy and it worked great!  Hopefully I can keep up with some posts the summer.  Happy Gardening! ---Amber

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really easy way to make tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...I love the flavor too. And it freezes well too (of course)!

      Delete