Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rule #5: Transplant or Thin, You choose

Newly Transplanted Radicchio

They can look pretty sad at first!

This is where they were started in July
Personally I have found that transplanting works well. You can thin the rest to eat and leave a few plants where you have sown to allow to grow.  These are the first to be eaten at my house, because they are not under the hoop house.  Because I was a little busy with a newborn  my transplanting was delayed a bit, which turned out to be better because the hurricane came through!  I transplanted my radicchio on September 10th this year.  As you can see they are pretty sad looking for about a week, then they start to perk up.  Just make sure you get as much root as you can when you dig them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment